Since its inception the
School of Music has worn a number of belt buckles. Some were worn during
the same periods but on the different uniform (Service and Dress). Prior to the
late 1990's there was a Band in each Command. At one stage the bands were
numbered e.g. Army No. 1 Band was the Eastern Command then the change was made to
Command names like The Band of the Eastern Command. The Band of the Curragh Command was intergrated into the the Band of the Eastern Command in the
late 1990's. The West and South remained as they were.
|Army Bands 1920s|
|Army Bands 1935||Army Bands 1948|
|Boy Captain Army School of Music|
The three bands of the Defence Forces wore this belt until the introduction of the new uniform in 2003.
|Defence Forces Bands Buckle pre 2003|
These are the two belt buckles worn by members of the Defence Forces Pipe Bands. The belt is white leather.
|Pipe Band (two piece)||Pipe Band (Stamped)|
Page Updated : Sunday, 06 February 2011